High Risk Obstetrics
Dr. Dalton and Dr. Zotz specialize in high risk pregnancy. This type of pregnancy involves risk either before, during, or after a delivery. There are many different factors that can cause this condition such as:
- Age: If a woman is 35 or older, she is considered at a higher risk for complications.
- Lifestyle: Smoking, drinking alcohol, or taking illegal drugs puts a pregnancy at risk.
- Medical history: Pre-existing medical conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes can create a higher risk during pregnancy.
- Surgical history: Uterine surgeries, multiple c-sections, and abdominal surgeries can create higher risks.
- Pregnancy complications: Complications such as gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia and pre-term labor make a pregnancy higher risk.
- Multiple pregnancy: Twin pregnancies or carrying multiple babies can make a pregnancy higher risk.
If you are considering trying for pregnancy, we encourage you to make a preconception counseling appointment. At this visit we review your medical history and discuss how to best prepare you for a healthy pregnancy.